|home message archive theme about me next|
Tina and I are back to host The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards. [x]
WOW WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT LIST CURED MY DEPRESSION the person who posted that has something anime-related as their avatar i don’t think they should be allowed to make lists of “advice” for people and srsly who writes “let the sun warm your bones”
THE SUN DOESN’T WARM YOUR BONES IT WARMS YOUR SKIN AND SOMETIMES CAUSES CANCER YOU DAMN FOOL LET ME SIT INSIDE ON THE COMPUTER ALL DAY IF I DAMN WELL PLEASE I BET MY SKIN WILL BE AS TIGHT AND FRESH AS A BABY’S ASS COME MIDDLE AGE.
I think it’s not aimed at anyone who’s legitimately struggling. I have a lot of feelings on the issue that I can’t really express concisely, but… ugh. IDEK.
Oh, I’m sure you’re right…but that just brings up an entirely different rant about ignorance about mental disorders and how people don’t take them seriously or even accept them as a real thing. It’s like when people are like “omg i love to organize things i’m so OCD!” and it’s like…um, no. you are not ocd. you’re type A. now gtfo of my sight.
I hate those fucking lists, no one chooses depression to seem poetic and I’d rather stay in bed all day than cry at the grocery store because I forced myself to leave the house even though I knew wasn’t well enough to deal with the universe that day
Me too. They’re always made by some idiot who thinks they have all the answers. Nobody has the answers - that’s why it’s best to just work it out on your own and that means doing things your own way.
And I’m sick of the stigma that because you’re depressed you’re trying to be poetic like wtf? Where did that even come from? It’s hard enough to force ourselves to exist and get through the damn day without somebody telling us we’re disgusting because some days we just can’t do it.
I liked it because of your on-point commentary!
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
I hope you all read my rant on the bottom of that list instead of reading the list and liking it because DO NOT LIKE IT.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to be angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep when you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep.❞
Everyone needs this on their blog.
Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar.
^^ This is scary because I literally just did this
I reblogged this before out of anger and I’m reblogging it again to say the same thing: #9 is bullshit. You are not disgusting if you have depression or need to lay in bed all day. FUCK THAT AND FUCK THIS LIST AND FUCK ANY LISTS THAT TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE YOUR FUCKING LIFE.
ALSO LOOK UP THE MEANING OF YOUR FUCKING NAME IF YOU WANT TO. IT’S LEARNING ABOUT HISTORY IT’S FUN AND IT’S EDUCATIONAL. WHOEVER WROTE THIS LIST THINKS THEY ARE SO FUCKING WISE AND THEY ARE NOT AT ALL WISE.
The Eleventh Tribute [1/1] seasons » five.
It’s funny, I tought, if you could hear me, I could hang on, somehow. Silly me. Silly old Doctor. When you wake up, you’ll have a mum and dad, and you won’t even remember me. Well, you’ll remember me a little. I’ll be a story in your head. But that’s ok. We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know, it was the best: a daft old man, who stole a magic box and ran away.